Header Ads

Netizen Buzz: Separated Korean War families to meet for the first time in 60 years tomorrow


Separated Korean War families to meet for the first time in 60 years tomorrow


Article: "I thought they had passed" stories of over 60 years of pain

Source: MBC via Naver

Families separated during the Korean war will be meeting tomorrow, and many heart breaking stories are making their way to the news.

One such grandmother was separated from her husband seven months after they got married and while she was still pregnant. After waiting and waiting, she assumed he had passed away and held an anniversary for his death for 37 years until she found out that he was alive. She will be gifting him a special watch tomorrow, reasoning, "Back then we lived in the countryside and there weren't any clocks around so it was frustrating."

Another grandma will be meeting her husband who also never returned home, just a little after their first son celebrated his 100 days. She had believed all along that they'd meet and it is becoming a reality tomorrow

Another grandma is the third of eight siblings and still remembers her oldest oppa being dragged away. Their mother had unfortunately passed away without being able to see him again but she will be seeing him for her tomorrow. "My mother passed away with his picture in her arms."

-

1. [+1,575, -30] So sad to think of a woman losing her husband to war so soon after marriage and having to think that he's dead every year... My grandfather was a separated relative as well but we never got to meet him before he passed away and it breaks our hearts.

2. [+1,238, -31] Even being selected for meetings such as this is a competitive lottery, it's so heartbreaking...

3. [+934, -25] Be careful, everyone.. how happy they must be to finally see them ã… 

4. [+753, -26] It'll only be for a short moment but I hope they make enough memories to last them forever..

5. [+718, -17] I hope their time together tomorrow will ease some of the time they've spent apart

6. [+125, -7] It horrifies me to think that I could've been born in that time... people complain about Korea being hell now but I'm grateful I wasn't born during the war

-

Source: Naver

1. [+1216, -35] How awesome it'd be if they could just bring their families home with them

2. [+889, -21] It'd be so great if only we could let these separated families meet more often

3. [+775, -19] How dearly they must've missed their parents and siblings

4. [+423, -11] The saddest part is that there aren't more of these meetings left considering the times...

5. [+105, -5] Imagine seeing your child, brother, sister grown as an elder with white hair... what a tragedy that never should've happened

6. [+88, -6] Praying that another war never happens on these lands

-



Article: "This is for my husband"

Source: Yonhap News via Nate

1. [+233, -7] To be separated from your husband like that... I can't imagine it

2. [+204, -5] ã… ã…  Separated with her husband just like that... ã… ã…  I'm sure that this meeting will be their last as well, what if it makes them miss each other more ã… ã…  They will probably just have to bury the past in the past and live on ã… ã… 

3. [+183, -4] The times they've lost, their future... all in a watch with her husband's name engraved on it. I can't imagine how excited she must feel to give it to him.

4. [+23, -2] I hope he doesn't get the watch taken away

5. [+21, -1] She still has the blushing shyness of a new bride on her face, she looks so happy. The meeting will be short but I hope they catch up on lost time!

6. [+19, -2] I'm sorry but I think the watch will be taken away

7. [+15, -1] I'm sure they both can rest in peace once they pass now... ã… ã… 

8. [+12, -1] I'm sorry but I assure you that the grandpa won't be able to take that watch... I remember another grandpa said that the higher ups take it away from you

No comments

Powered by Blogger.